Take Flight and Find Your Runner's High
It's time to take your run on an epic adventure. Soaring hot air balloons pave the way to your amazing day to run one of three race distances! Sign up for the half marathon, 5K or 1K. Half Marathon finishers will receive an eye dazzling custom hot air balloon themed finisher medal at the finish line. New in 2015, all 5K participants will receive a finisher medal! All participants receive up to two tickets to the InTouch Credit Union Plano Balloon Festival plus parking on race day only. Don't let this opportunity fly by, register today!
- 5K & 1K is Saturday, September 19, 2015
- Half Marathon is Sunday, September 20, 2015
All Races start at 7:30am on both days
- $70 - Early Registration (Paid by 7/31)
- $80 - General Registration (8/1 - 9/13)
- $90 - Race Week Registration (9/14 - 9/19)
- $15 - Youth (13 and under) Early Registration (Paid by 7/31)
- $20 - Youth General Registration (8/1 - 9/13)
- $25 - Youth Race Week Registration (9/14 - 9/19)
- $30 - Adult (14 and over) Early Registration (Paid by 7/31)
- $35 - Adult General Registration (8/1 - 9/13)
- $40 - Adult Race Week Registration (9/14 - 9/19)
1K Fun Run/Walk
- $10 - Youth (13 and under) Early Registration (Paid by 7/31)
- $15 - Youth General Registration (8/1 - 9/13)
- $20 - Youth Race Week Registration (9/14 - 9/19)
- $25 - Adult (14 and over) Early Registration (Paid by 7/31)
- $30 - Adult General Registration (8/1 - 9/13)
- $35 - Adult Race Week Registration (9/14 - 9/19)
ONLINE REGISTRATION FOR THE HALF MARATHON, 5K AND 1K CLOSES AT 11:59 PM ON WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 16TH. IF YOU MISS THE DEADLINE, YOU MAY REGISTER FOR THE HALF MARATHON, 5K AND 1K AT PACKET PICK UP, BUT PLEASE NOTE THERE IS NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION!
2014 Run Shirts
Half Marathon Women's and Men's Tank
5K and 1K Adult T | 1K Youth Cape
Want to WIN a ride in a Hot-air Balloon?
Hot Air Balloon Ride Prize Terms and Conditions
On Friday, September 11th, a winner will be selected to ride in a hot air balloon and announced on Facebook. All registered participants for the 2015 Plano Balloon Festival Half Marathon, 5K or 1K are automatically entered into the random prize drawing.
This is a rain or shine event with no cash value for the hot-air balloon ride. Flights are Friday, September 18th at 7:00 AM weather permitting. (No make-up rides available)
Flight is good for one (1) winner selected from all entries.
Passengers must be over 18 and in good health. If you are pregnant, recently release from the hospital, have current broken bones or casts, you will not be able to qualify for this ride. Riders are accepted at the discretion of the pilot. All passengers will be required to sign a release waiver form provided by the festival.
2014 Half Marathon Finisher Medal and Overall Male and Female Champion Half Marathon Ring
Packet Pick Up Information
YOU MUST PICK UP YOUR PACKET IN ADVANCE. THERE WILL BE NO RACE DAY PACKET PICK UP. Packet pickup locations and times to be announced, so check back for more details.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Run Course Limit - 3 1/2 Hours
- Are dogs and strollers allowed?
Yes, on the 1K and 5K courses, but not on the half marathon course
- Is there a minimum age requirement to run the half marathon? Although there is no official minimum age requirement for the half marathon, we recommend all half marathon participants be at least 12 years old on race day. All participants under 18 must have the event waiver signed by their parent or legal guardian.
- Is the run course certified? Yes, both the 5K and half marathon
- Are there mile markers, hydration stations and restrooms along the course?
Yes, the mile markers and hydration stations are marked on the course maps.
Restrooms are located at the start and finish line and every 1.5-2 miles along the course.
- Can a friend or family member pick up my packet?
Yes, all they need to know is your name.
- What time is the award ceremony? 10:00AM on the KLUV Main Stage
- Can I register a group? Yes, we offer discounts if you have ten or more adults.
- Don't see your question? Click here for answers to additonal Frequently Asked Questions