Take Flight and Find Your Runner's High
It's time to take your run on an epic adventure. Soaring hot air balloons pave the way to your amazing day to run one of three race distances! Sign up for the half marathon, 5K or 1K. Half Marathon finishers will receive an eye dazzling hot air balloon themed finisher medal at the finish line. All participants receive up to two tickets to the InTouch Credit Union Plano Balloon Festival plus VIP parking and a hot breakfast provided by Central Market in the post race runner village. And, new this year, all runners will receive a technical shirt and 1K youth participants will receive a high flying superhero cape! (1K youth will not receive a technical shirt, they will receive a cape instead). Don't let this opportunity fly by, register today!
Race Day is Sunday, September 21, 2014
- $70 - Early Registration (Paid by 7/31)
- $80 - General Registration (8/1 - 9/14)
- $90 - Race Week Registration (9/15 - 9/20)
- $15 - Youth (13 and under) Early Registration (Paid by 7/31)
- $20 - Youth General Registration (8/1 - 9/14)
- $25 - Youth Race Week Registration (9/15 - 9/201)
- $30 - Adult (14 and over) Early Registration (Paid by 7/31)
- $35 - Adult General Registration (8/1 - 9/14)
- $40 - Adult Race Week Registration (9/15 - 9/20)
1K Fun Run/Walk
- $10 - Youth (13 and under) Early Registration (Paid by 7/31)
- $15 - Youth General Registration (8/1 - 9/14)
- $20 - Youth Race Week Registration (9/15 - 9/20)
- $25 - Adult (14 and over) Early Registration (Paid by 7/31)
- $30 - Adult General Registration (8/1 - 9/14)
- $35 - Adult Race Week Registration (9/15 - 9/20)
ONLINE REGISTRATION FOR THE HALF MARATHON, 5K AND 1K CLOSES AT 11:59 PM ON MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 15TH. IF YOU MISS THE DEADLINE, YOU MAY REGISTER FOR THE HALF MARATHON, 5K AND 1K AT PACKET PICK UP, BUT PLEASE NOTE THERE IS NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION!
Want to WIN a ride in a Hot-air Balloon?
Hot Air Balloon Ride Prize Terms and Conditions
On Friday, September 12th, a winner will be selected to ride in a hot air balloon and announced on Facebook. All registered participants for the 2014 Plano Balloon Festival Half Marathon, 5K or 1K are automatically entered into the random prize drawing.
This is a rain or shine event with no cash value for the hot-air balloon ride. Flights are Friday, September 19th at 7:00 AM weather permitting. (No make-up rides available)
Flight is good for one (1) winner selected from all entries.
Passengers must be over 18 and in good health. If you are pregnant, recently release from the hospital, have current broken bones or casts, you will not be able to qualify for this ride. Riders are accepted at the discretion of the pilot. All passengers will be required to sign a release waiver form provided by the festival.
2013 Half Marathon Finishers Medal
Water and powerade stations are located all along the Half Marathon and 5K courses. Hydration station map will be updated soon.
- 6:30 AM Gates Open
- 7:00 AM Balloon Launch
- 7:30 AM Plano Balloon Festival Half Marathon Start
- 7:45 AM Plano Balloon Festival 5K Run/Walk Start
- 9:00 AM Plano Balloon Festival 1K Fun Run/Walk Start
- 10:00 AM Awards
Packet Pick Up Information
YOU MUST PICK UP YOUR PACKET IN ADVANCE. THERE WILL BE NO RACE DAY PACKET PICK UP.
Central Market, Plano - 320 Coit Road, Plano, Texas
- Friday, September 19th, 3:00 PM to 8:00 PM
- Saturday, September 20th, 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM