Free Live Tracking and Progress Alerts on Race Day
The Plano Balloon Festival Half Marathon, Relay, 5K and 1K is sponsoring RaceJoy to provide participants and spectators these features for free (normally a 99 cents upgrade fee for both the participant and spectator). September 23-24, 2017 the PBF Races will be held at Oak Point Park in Plano, Texas the weekend of the InTouch Credit Union Plano Balloon Festival. General registration ends 9/16 and all race courses and run information is detailed on the website: www.pbfraces.org. #PBFRaces
Download the RaceJoy mobile app for live phone tracking at the Plano Balloon Festival Half Marathon, Relay, 5K and 1K. The RaceJoy app is available on Apple and Android devices. All participating runners must turn disable WiFi settings on race day or the tracking will disengage.
GPS Progress Alerts
- Receive GPS-based progress alerts at mile points on the course for current pace and estimated finish time.
- Post updates to Facebook and Twitter social channels.
- Have friends and family track your performance.
Live GPS for Spectators
- Supporting spectators can track your blue dot moving along the course from home or at the race site.
- NearMe proximity alerts notify spectators when you are drawing near.
- Find each other using RaceJoy’s MeetUp tool.
- Receive fun, motivational audio cheers from your supporting fans.
- Start sending cheers to others doing the race at any time.
Set-Up RaceJoy Tracking
Make sure to respond to any alerts or prompts you receive regarding settings in RaceJoy. Your tracking will only work if you have your settings correct. Relay Teams: See the Relay Team Tracking Instructions.
- Find Race: Click Featured Races to access the event you are doing.
- Set Up Phone for Tracking: Click “I Want To Be Tracked” and follow the prompts carefully. If you are one of the few races where Bib Tag tracking is being offered in RaceJoy, you will need to click the PhoneTrak button to set up your phone.
- Track Others: You can track up to 50 people by clicking on the participant icon on the upper part of the screen. Relay Teams need to add ALL team members to their list to receive team progress alerts.
- Plan to Carry Your Phone: Participants must carry their phone during the race.
- Turn Tracking On: Click the green blinking button on Race Day. Tracking is activated 30 minutes before the race start time.
- Click: Click START MY RACE/LEG as you cross the START LINE/LEG for more accurate progress alerts. This is optional. If you do not click START MY RACE, your start time will be based on mile one.
Relay Teams: select the leg you are completing and wait to click START MY LEG until you begin your leg. The first leg MUST click START MY LEG to receive team progress alerts.
Note: You must access RaceJoy on race day to activate GPS tracking. If you do not click START MY RACE, RaceJoy will base your start time on when you reach mile one.